Reimagine. Recreate. Restore.
World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year.
This year the theme is Reimagine, Recreate, Restore as a celebration for a decade of Ecosystem Restoration by the United Nations. Ecosystem restoration means the prevention of negative impacts on the environment and the restoration of nature. Without nature, there can be no life on earth!
The fashion industry has been one of the biggest contributors to the destruction of the environment.
DID YOU KNOW
- The fashion industry is the second largest polluting industry after oil?
- Untreated Toxic waste from dyes and chemicals are directly released into rivers?
- It can take up to 203,209 Liters of fresh water per ton of dyed fabric?
These are just a few of the impacts that the fashion industry has on the environment. Ethical fashion brands like Mayori focus on reducing harmful effects on the environment. When you shop from sustainable fashion brands, you invest in better quality products and contribute to the environment. Clothes are essential to humanity, and the fashion industry will never cease to exist. But you can become a conscious consumer and change the fashion world for the better.
Why Shop Mayori
- Zero single-use plastic policy
- Reusable and washable sanitary napkins are donated under the Conscious Giving Program
- Designs are Minimalist, elegant, with a bit of quirk
- 100% cotton fabrics
- Responsible use of dye
Mayori Conscious Clothing Conscious Giving is a fresh international take on Jaipur’s traditional hand block and screen-printing. We at Mayori are amalgamating ancient Indian techniques with global sensibilities of color and design to create sustainable 100% cotton clothing, ultra-soft and all-natural, which is kinder to the skin, allowing it to breathe easily.