Ethical clothing brands care about the impact of the fashion industry on the world. They focus on reducing adverse effects on the environment, people, and wildlife. Did you know that the fashion industry accounts for 10% of global carbon emissions?
Ethical fashion also means a fairer pay structure, better working conditions, and lesser sweatshops. Becoming a conscious consumer does not mean you have to throw out all your fast fashion clothes or always shop local. Start small. Recycle your old clothes, donate, and opt for apparel pieces that will last longer.
Most fast fashion brands make trendy outfits from cheap material. Learn to store and care for your expensive fabrics. Invest in unique pieces that suit your style. We have listed our top five ethical fashion brands to get you started.
- Mayori- Mayori promotes “SLOW FASHION” by creating wardrobe essentials, which are minimalist, elegant, and have a fair bit of quirk that often seamlessly come together when traditional and contemporary merge. All of Mayori’s garments are made consciously with 100% cotton fabrics and responsible dyes, carbon positive operations, and less waste. Every individual who works in creating a Mayori apparel is treated respectfully with fair wages and working conditions. The factory is child-labor-free. They are also moving towards sustainable storage and shipping. The price range is between INR1000 to 4000 and silk at 6000—sizes available xs to XXLlabor-free.
Mayori has an ongoing sale for you to enjoy. Click here to shop now- https://www.mayori.in/
- Nicobar- The products are inspired by nature and made to last. They have organic cotton, bamboo dresses, and eco-friendly home decor.
- Good earth- Good earth is one of the older brands in India in sustainable space. They employ traditional artisans to create designs that are a contemporary mix of traditional and modern aesthetics.
- Fabindia- Fabindia has a mix of clothing for men and women, home decor, and beauty products. They have been in the market for nearly 50 years and are known for their comfortable Indian wear.
- Doodlage- Doodlage creates fashionable pieces out of scrap fabrics they source from large manufacturing units. They have a collection of easy-to-wear dresses, jumpsuits, and shirts for both men and women.