Is your baby bump starting to show? It may be time to start shopping for maternity wear. Instagram influencers might have you believe in that perfect baby bump that is oh so easy to dress up. But in reality, you must consider a lot more than just style when buying the perfect maternity wear for yourself and your baby! Here is a rundown of a few things to keep in mind when shopping for maternity wear.
- Start shopping for maternity clothes once your baby bump starts to show. Remember every woman is different and each pregnancy is different! First-time moms may start showing the Baby bump at the end of 20 weeks or even before. Ideally, you should start looking for maternity clothes and accessories after the first 12 weeks of your pregnancy.
- Setting a budget will help you avoid unnecessary expenses and you won't end up with a bunch of oversized clothes you won't need once the baby is born! Try investing in pieces that work as maternity and nursing wear.
- Invest in essentials such as maternity pants, a few maxi dresses, simple tops, and a few statement pieces for when you want to dress up! There is no need to give up on your fashionable self, just remember the comfort, space, and style motto when it comes to maternity clothes.
- Select soft fabrics such as cotton that allow your skin to breathe and help you regulate body temperature. You want to feel relaxed and comfortable in your maternity clothes, so always consider the fabric before purchasing.
- Shop from sustainable brands such as Mayori' which not only use natural fabrics but also make sure no toxic colors are used for dyeing. Sustainable fabrics are easy to maintain and become softer with every wash.
- Choose simple designs that do not have complicated buttons, zippers, and such because once your body starts to change you may not be able to get into such clothes by yourself.
We dived into the Mayori collection of maternity and nursing wear to help you get started on your maternity shopping spree! Congratulations and have a wonderful pregnancy!
SAKURA FLOWER PRINTED ASYMMETRICAL DRESS